Have a special birthday coming up for your furry friend? This Peanut Butter Cupcake Recipe is the perfect recipe to celebrate. Know what you're feeding your dog!
We like making things from scratch so this recipe calls for blending peanuts to make peanut butter. Regular peanut butter found in markets usually have xylitol, which is a sugar substitute found in lower or sugar-free products. Xylitol is toxic for dogs. So if you do end up using store bought peanut butter, please make sure it doesn't contain xylitol. Peanut butter contains heart healthy fats, vitamin B and vitamin E. It's also a great source of fiber and protein.
We love using oats when we make dog treats because oats are a great alternative carbohydrate for dogs that may be sensitive to wheat or grains. Oats contain vitamin B, which helps maintain a healthy coat and keeps your dog's skin strong and healthy. It's also a great source of fiber, making it great for dogs with bowel irregularity issues. Make sure the oats are cooked before serving to your pets.
Honey is rich in vitamins B and C. It contains nutrients including enzymes, minerals, iron and many more! Raw honey can help dogs who suffer from environmental allergies like pollen. It can also be soothing for pets with digestive issues or an upset stomach.
Coconut oil improves your dog's skin, coat, and digestion. It also helps reduce allergic reactions!
Carrots are healthy, nutritious, and low calorie snack for dogs. Chewing on carrots can help improve your dog's dental health! They are an excellent source of potassium, fiber, and vitamins like vitamin A.
When feeding your dog yogurt, it should be plain and free of any artificial and natural sweeteners. Yogurt is high in calcium and protein. It acts as a probiotic, which is good for their digestive system.
- 1/2 cup of plain, 0% milk fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter (blending roasted and unsalted peanuts)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- If you don't have oat flour, you can just blend oats until they become a fine powder. Mix occasionally.
- Blend peanuts into a smooth paste. Mix occasionally.
- To add a bit of sweetness, add some honey to your peanut butter. Continue blending until creamy.
- Combine wet ingredients: 1/3 cup of honey, 1 egg, 1/4 of coconut oil, and 1/4 of peanut butter.
- Combine dry to wet ingredients: add 1 cup of oat flour, 1 tsp of baking soda, and 1 cup of shredded carrots. Mix!
- Spread coconut oil on the inside of your cupcake baking cups so it doesn't stick.
- Fill half of the cupcake baking cups with batter.
- Place in oven for 20 minutes.
- While it's baking, start making the frosting by mixing 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt and 1/2 cup of peanut butter. Mix!
- Cut the banana into thin slices to put on top of the cupcakes for delicious decoration.
- Once the cupcakes are done, let them cool down before putting on the frosting.
- Once the cupcakes are cooled down, add frosting, and place banana's on top.
- Now, you're ready to celebrate!
About Petique, Inc.
Located in Ontario, California, Petique, Inc. is a women owned business specializing in non-toxic pet supplies and consumables that help your dogs, cats, and small animals live a longer and healthier life. As pet owners, we share a passion in creating a safe, healthy and fun environment for your furry family members. We strive to create high quality pet products that conserve ecological resources whenever possible, while avoiding depletion of natural resources. With more than 30 years of experience in manufacturing, product development and design, we take pride in creating eco-friendly and non-toxic items, reliable travel gear and innovative products. Contact us today, visit our website or call (909) 673-0998.