The day has finally come!
It's NATIONAL PANCAKE DAY!
A day not only dedicated to pancakes, but an excuse to eat all kinds of pancakes! From healthy, two ingredients, banana pancakes to mind-blowing, nutella pancakes (did I just give you a *ding ding ding* light bulb, pancake idea?), we decided to share this amazing day with our dogs.
We all know dogs love peanut butter! So we're going to share a healthy, dog friendly, peanut butter pancake recipe with you. We call it the:
HEALTHY PEANUT BUTTER PANCAKE (DOG TREATS)
- Butter or non-stick spray
- 1 egg
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup carrot, grated
- 2 tablespoons all-natural peanut butter
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 350º F.
2. Lightly Grease your pan with butter or non-stick spray to prevent the pancakes from sticking.
3. Combine all the dry ingredients into a food processor: Oats, baking powder and baking soda. Pulse for 15 seconds or until the mixture is finely grounded.
4. In a large bowl, use a fork or a banana masher to mash your bananas. Then mix in the egg, peanut butter and water. Mash and stir until smooth.
5. Gradually add your dry ingredients into your large bowl of banana mixture and stir until smooth.
6. Add your grated carrots into your large bowl of pancake batter and mix well.
7. Fill each muffin tin with 3/4 pancake batter.
8. Now it's time to BAKE! Bake your pancakes for 20-25 minutes, rotating your pan (or pans if you're using more than one) half-way thru.
Helpful Tip: Use the toothpick trick to see if your pancakes are fully cooked. Stick a toothpick in the middle of your pancakes and pull it out. If you still have batter sticking to the toothpick, cook your pancakes for a couple more minutes. If your toothpick is clean and batter-free, your pancakes are ready for a cool down.
9. Remove your pancakes from the oven. Let them cool before serving. ENJOY!!
Located in Ontario, California, Petique Inc is a women- and family-owned business specializing in pet supplies and consumables. Pet owners ourselves, we share a passion to create a positive, healthy and fun environment for furry family members. We also strive to create quality pet products that conserve ecological resources whenever possible, and consciously avoid depleting natural resources. With more than 30 years of experience in manufacturing, product development and design, we take pride in creating eco-friendly and non-toxic items, reliable travel gear and innovative products. Contact us today, visit our website or call (909) 673-0998.