We love using oats when we make dog treats because oats are a great alternative carbohydrate for dogs that may be sensitive to wheat or grains. Oats contain vitamin B, which helps maintain a healthy coat and keeps your dog's skin strong and healthy. It's also a great source of fiber, making it great for dogs with bowel irregularity issues. Make sure the oats are cooked before serving to your pets.
Products we used in our video (as an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases):
- BAMBOO PET TOOTHBRUSH
- BEDSIDE LOUNGE PET BED
- ORTHOPEDIC BAMBOO PET BED
- BIODEGRADABLE ECO PET BOWL
- MEASURING CUP
- ROLLING PIN + SILICONE MAT
- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats - pulsed in blender
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup fresh mint
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp coconut oil - melted
- 1/4 cup water
*DISCLAIMER: Please be sure to consult with your veterinarian on any allergies or health concerns your pet might have before ingesting the treat.
- Preheat oven 325 degrees.
- Chop up mint leaves and parsley until fine.
- Put old fashioned oats into a blender/food processor and pulse until it turn into a fine powder.
- Put mint lease, parsley, old fashioned oats flour, eggs, coconut oil (melted), and water into a bowl.
- Mix together until fully combined.
- Lightly flour a flat surface, to prevent dough from sticking, and roll out dough to one quarter inch.
- Cut shapes out of dough and place on prepared baking sheet. We used coconut oil cooking spray!
- Bake for 30 minutes. When it's 15 minutes, flip the treats for an even bake.
- Remove treats from oven and let them cool on a cooling rack. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 month in the refrigerator or 6 months in the freezer!
Let us know in the comments how you liked this recipe!
About Petique, Inc.
Located in Ontario, California, Petique, Inc. is a women owned business specializing in non-toxic pet supplies and consumables that help your dogs, cats, and small animals live a longer and healthier life. As pet owners, we share a passion in creating a safe, healthy and fun environment for your furry family members. We strive to create high quality pet products that conserve ecological resources whenever possible, while avoiding depletion of natural resources. With more than 30 years of experience in manufacturing, product development and design, we take pride in creating eco-friendly and non-toxic items, reliable travel gear and innovative products. Contact us today, visit our website or call (909) 673-0998.