Tens of thousands of car accidents are believed to be caused every year by unrestrained pets, though no one has the exact number. Agencies do not track accidents caused by pets, but are said to be counted among other distractions such as disruptive passengers, misbehaving children, drivers who attempt to put on makeup or read. According to a survey by the American Automobile Association, over 80% of dog owners’ drive with their pets in the car and only 16% use proper safety restraints, such as a harness or pet carrier.
Whether your pets are curled up in your lap, hanging out the window or resting their paws on the steering wheel, it can be deadly. In a crash, an unrestrained pet can turn into a deadly projectile or get crushed by a driver or passenger who is thrown forward by the collision. Restraining a pet also keeps the animal from running off after a crash and possibly getting hit or causing another crash, or from getting in the way of first responders.
Good pet owners will use a harness or pet carrier to secure their pets in the car. This keeps pets from getting hurt or bouncing around and hurting others. Petique's 5-in-1 Pet Stroller comes with a detachable, soft-sided pet carrier which has the feature to be used as a car seat for your pet.
How to Install Petique's 5-in-1 Pet Carrier to Car to Prevent Car Accidents
1. You'll need the Y strap that's provided with the pet carrier. Grab the end of the Y strap with the clip. Clip it onto the D loop on the bottom of the carrier.
2. On the other end of the Y strap, there are 2 hooks that will be used to hook onto the car seat anchors. Locate the two car seat anchors. You can usually find them with the symbol for the car seat. Lift up between the seat to see the metal car seat anchors.
3. Insert the two hooks into the anchor's provided for car seats. Make sure the hooks are facing down (the flat part should be on top).
4. After inserting the hooks into the anchors. Give it a slight tug to make sure it's secure.
5. Remember to adjust the straps to fasten pet carrier to car seat.
6. You're now ready to put your pet in the pet carrier through either of the 3 entrances. For extra protection, there's also a leash provided to keep your pets from jumping out of the carrier.
7. The 2 entrances on the top of the pet carrier can be unzipped, rolled and secured with a toggle.
8. Once you've have your pet comfortable, you're ready to go!
Petique highly recommends pet owners to restrain with their pets inside their vehicle not only to avoid distraction, but to protect their pets and other passengers in a crash. Just as you put on your seat belt when you hit the road, be sure you do the same for your pets!
About Petique, Inc.
Located in Ontario, California, Petique, Inc. is a women owned business specializing in non-toxic pet supplies and consumables that help your dogs, cats, and small animals live a longer and healthier life. As pet owners, we share a passion in creating a safe, healthy and fun environment for your furry family members. We strive to create high quality pet products that conserve ecological resources whenever possible, while avoiding depletion of natural resources. With more than 30 years of experience in manufacturing, product development and design, we take pride in creating eco-friendly and non-toxic items, reliable travel gear and innovative products. Contact us today, visit our website or call (909) 673-0998.