Have you been in a baking mood and want to make something extra special for your dogs? Try out this recipe for the easiest peanut butter and carob dog treat recipe. Now if you’re thinking to yourself, “Carob? What’s that?” Let us illuminate. Carob is a dog-friendly chocolate substitute which contains no caffeine or theobromine. Theobromine in chocolate products is toxic to your pets health. That’s where the naturally sweet tasting legume, carob, steps in. Carob is entirely plant-based and a trusted ingredient used in many dog bakeries. If you don’t believe us, head to your local dog bakery and ask them yourself!
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup smooth peanut butter
- ¼ cup carob powder
- ¼ cup room temperature water
- Approximately ¾ to 1 cup brown rice flour, plus additional flour for rolling
- Preheat your oven to 356 F
- Combine peanut butter, egg, carob powder, and water in a mixing bowl.
- Incrementally add flower, mixing into a cohesive, workable dough.
- Roll and cut into desired shapes.
- Place cut cookie dough on baking sheet.
- Bake for approximately 10-15 minutes. (Cooking time will vary with shape/size of your cookies, so keep an eye on the oven.)
- Once fully baked, allow them to cool before serving and storage.
If baking is not your thing, try the decadent, handmade, French-inspired dog treat macarons by Bonne et Filou! Their 100% natural recipe is handmade in the USA and free of artificial coloring or any preservatives. Their ingredients are all healthy for dogs, corn-free, wheat-free, and GMO-free, and sourced from local suppliers!
About Petique, Inc.
Located in Ontario, California, Petique, Inc. is a women owned business specializing in non-toxic pet supplies and consumables. Pet owners ourselves, we share a passion to create a positive, healthy and fun environment for your furry family members. We also strive to create quality pet products that conserve ecological resources whenever possible, and consciously avoid depleting natural resources. With more than 30 years of experience in manufacturing, product development and design, we take pride in creating eco-friendly and non-toxic items, reliable travel gear and innovative products. Contact us today, visit our website or call (909) 673-0998.