Aloha! Your fur-baby deserves the best, especially when it comes to food! Keep them happy and healthy with these Tropical Pineapple Dog Treats that your dog, and even you, can enjoy! These Tropical Pineapple Dog Treats are only made with 4 ingredients, which include real pineapple and healthy oats! We love to use oats whenever possible when making dog treats because oatmeal is a great alternative carbohydrate for dogs that may be sensitive or allergic to wheat or grains. Oatmeal contains vitamin B, which helps maintain a healthy coat and keeps your dog’s skin strong and healthy. It’s also a great source of fiber, making it great for dogs with bowel irregularity issues.
For this recipe, we will be using real pineapple. DO NOT use canned pineapples! Canned pineapples are full of preservatives, sugars and other added ingredients that are not good for your dog. When feeding your pets pineapples, make sure not to feed them the skin or the core because it is toxic to them. Because pineapples are full of fiber and natural sugar, they are only healthy in small quantities. Feeding your dog too much pineapple may give your pets an upset stomach or diarrhea. On a positive note, pineapple contains a whole lot of vitamins like vitamin C and B6. They’re full of minerals like potassium, magnesium, iron and many more nutritional values. Pineapple makes a nutrient dense snack for your pets! These nutrients play an important role in your dog’s immune system and digestive health.
We will also be using coconut oil in this recipe. Coconut oil improves your dog’s skin, coat and digestion. It also helps reduce allergic reactions! We love how there are so many benefits from coconut oil, especially for our dogs! Now that you know all about what will be going into your dog’s body, let’s get baking!
- 1 real pineapple
- 3 cups of oat flour or old fashioned oats (processed)
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- If you’re using old fashioned oats instead of oat flour, process the old fashioned oats into your food processor until you have 3 cups worth. (You’ll also need a little oat flour towards the end to help roll out your dough and prevent the dough from sticking to your rolling pin.)
- Cut up and puree the pineapple in your food processor.
- Add the pineapple puree, 1 egg and 2 tbsp of coconut oil to the oat flour.
- Mix together until it becomes a mold-able dough (Knead the dough, if needed).
- Coat the surface of where you will be rolling out the dough and rolling pin with oat flour.
- Rolling out your dough until they are a quarter inch thick.
- Grab your cookie cutters and start stamping away!
- Grease your baking pan with coconut oil.
- Place cookies on your baking pan and put them in the oven.
- Bake one side for 20 minutes.
- Flip cookies and bake the other side for 20 minutes.
- Once finished baking, wait until cookies are cool down before serving to your pet.
Since all of the ingredients are human grade, meaning that humans can eat them too, don’t be afraid to enjoy some yourself! We don’t know how happy your pup will be sharing with you though. How did you like this recipe? What was your and your dog’s reaction? Let us know in the comments below!
About Petique, Inc.
Located in Ontario, California, Petique, Inc. is a women owned business specializing in non-toxic pet supplies and consumables that help your dogs, cats, and small animals live a longer and healthier life. As pet owners, we share a passion in creating a safe, healthy and fun environment for your furry family members. We strive to create high quality pet products that conserve ecological resources whenever possible, while avoiding depletion of natural resources. With more than 30 years of experience in manufacturing, product development and design, we take pride in creating eco-friendly and non-toxic items, reliable travel gear and innovative products. Contact us today, visit our website or call (909) 673-0998.