The day has finally come!
It's NATIONAL PANCAKE DAY!!
A day not only dedicated to pancakes, but an excuse to eat all kinds of pancakes! From healthy, two ingredients, banana pancakes to mind-blowing, nutella pancakes (did I just give you a *ding ding ding* light bulb, pancake idea?), we decided to share this amazing day with our dogs.
We all know dogs love peanut butter! So we're going to share a healthy, dog friendly, peanut butter pancake recipe with you. We call it the:
HEALTHY PEANUT BUTTER PANCAKE (DOG TREATS)
Butter or non-stick spray
2 ripe bananas
1 3/4 cups water
1/2 cup carrot, grated
2 tablespoons all-natural peanut butter
2 1/2 cups rolled oats
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Lightly Grease your pan with butter or non-stick spray to prevent the pancakes from sticking.
- Combine all the dry ingredients into a food processor: Oats, baking powder and baking soda. Pulse for 15 seconds or until the mixture is finely grounded.
- In a large bowl, use a fork or a banana masher to mash your bananas. Then mix in the egg, peanut butter and water. Mash and stir until smooth.
- Gradually add your dry ingredients into your large bowl of banana mixture and stir until smooth.
- Add your grated carrots into your large bowl of pancake batter and mix well.
- Fill each muffin tin with 3/4 pancake batter.
- Now it's time to BAKE! Bake your pancakes for 20-25 minutes, rotating your pan (or pans if you're using more than 1) half-way thru.
Tip: Use the toothpick trick to see if your pancakes are fully cooked. Stick a toothpick in the middle of your pancakes and pull it out. If you still have batter sticking to the toothpick, cook your pancakes for a couple more minutes. If your toothpick is clean and batter-free, your pancakes are ready for a cool down.
- Remove your pancakes from the oven. Let them cool before serving. ENJOY!!
HAPPY NATIONAL PANCAKE DAY :D