SPRING is in the air
The grass is greener, the flowers are blooming, and it's almost... hunting season!
EASTER EGG HUNTING!! haha
As always, we wanted to get our cute little fur babies involved. In the spirit of Easter, we're going to share with you a delicious Easter inspired carrot cake dog treat recipe called:
CARROT CAKE DELIGHT (DOG TREAT)
Cake Cake Ingredients:
3 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
2 tsp cinnamon
2 cups shredded carrots
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
8 oz low fat whipped or softened cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 350º F
- Mix the carrots, eggs, and applesauce in one mixing bowl
- Whisk the flour, oats, and cinnamon together in a separate mixing bowl
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients
- Wet your roller and your hand to roll the mixture out on a pan and use Easter themed cookie cutters to get Easter shaped carrot cakes.
- Bake Easter shaped carrot cakes for 25 minutes and then let it cool before frosting
- Blend the frosting ingredients
- Decorate the carrot cake! ENJOY!!